[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Warrior Self-Improvement Forums • View topic - How much do you read?

A Total Fitness Lifestyle
Self-Improvement Resource

Warriorism HomeWarriorism ForumsTell a Friend

How much do you read?

Discuss mental fitness, including education, intelligence, psychology, concentration, etc. This also entails topics such as motivational quotes, inspirational self-help advice and tips on self-motivating.

How much do you read?

Postby Floyd » 23 Jan 2007, 22:46

How much do your read? What do you read?
Floyd

Sponsor

Postby fatherof3 » 03 Mar 2007, 11:40

I try to read as much as I can in my free time, but between work and my kids I don't have much free time.
fatherof3

Postby Jess » 29 Apr 2007, 21:39

I try to read whenever I have time! With university and studying, I rarely have time to read a good book. I miss reading and I usually read fiction and non fiction. :) And of course, Harry Potter!
Jess

Postby buktao » 30 Apr 2007, 00:01

buktao

Postby damienhunter » 31 May 2007, 01:38

I read about 1,000 pages a week. (not counting manuals I use for reference and news articles). I find even if I read something that's not instructional or technical, I still get a better grasp of language and communication out of it.
damienhunter

Postby Mdaughdrill » 12 Jul 2007, 21:02

A thousand pages a week is a lot, I wish I had the reading speed and the reading time to read that much. Check out my post called 'A System of Reading' and tell me what you all think about it.
May the Warrior within guide you on your Way,

Michael Daughdrill
Mdaughdrill

Postby agapanthus » 12 Jul 2007, 21:52

reading is one of my favourite things to do.
i like novels of all kinds, from classic literature to the shipping news.
i also read a lot of books on aromatherapy, herbal medicine, alternative health.
and i love all those motivational books....i try not to OD on those however (it makes for very boring dinner parties) and limit myself to one every couple of months.
agapanthus

Postby Mdaughdrill » 13 Jul 2007, 11:03

May the Warrior within guide you on your Way,

Michael Daughdrill
Mdaughdrill

Postby complimentarymatters » 22 Nov 2007, 12:46

complimentarymatters

Postby Asiddragon » 22 Nov 2007, 17:51

"The way of the Warrior is passion in action, a hurricane at bliss in reaction".
Asiddragon

Postby NSUSA » 23 Nov 2007, 16:50

NSUSA

Postby r0zzk0 » 29 Nov 2008, 14:12

i enjoy reading self improvement books about leadership and dealing with people (goes quite well with being a warrior!)

some of the great books that have been invaluable to me have been:

the magic of thinking big - david schwartz
how to win friends and influence people- dale carnegie
the five love languages - gary chapman

these books are dirt cheap on amazon.com but are priceless in what they teach you
r0zzk0

Postby babu13 » 25 Jul 2011, 21:52

I read quite a lot. Mainly I read autobiographies and novels. I find reading quite useful for relaxation.
babu13

Postby digitalfanatic » 27 Jul 2011, 10:56

Not quite an avid reader, actually I sort of hate reading. Although I am into comic books sort of things.
digitalfanatic

How Much Do I Read?

Postby Todd » 03 Sep 2011, 20:08

Well, I read about 1 or 2 books a month. Well, I should say it all depends on my mood. I can go through books at lightening speed. My mom is an avid reader and I pick that up from her. Currently, I am reading internet books. But, I really enjoy Self Help books. Wait, I should say that I enjoy an occasional Sandra Brown Book. :D
Todd

Next

Return to Mental Fitness