[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Warrior Self-Improvement Forums • View topic - What do you think about credit cards?

A Total Fitness Lifestyle
Self-Improvement Resource

Warriorism HomeWarriorism ForumsTell a Friend

What do you think about credit cards?

Discuss Warriorism as it relates to business and financial issues for your home, employment, and/or business including budgets, management, etc.
Featured Financial Advice Article:

What do you think about credit cards?

Postby complimentarymatters » 04 Nov 2007, 13:40

What do you think about credit cards? Are they good or bad? Do you have any? Do you use them often? Do you recommend credit cards, or do you recommend people avoid using them?
complimentarymatters

Sponsor

Postby Asiddragon » 11 Nov 2007, 14:24

I have two Debit Cards and the card system has served me well for many years. It comes in handy in times of need. Dont buy into their ads or schemes just keep it simple and make use of what works for you.

peace
"The way of the Warrior is passion in action, a hurricane at bliss in reaction".
Asiddragon

Postby Scott » 12 Nov 2007, 15:43

That's good advice, Asiddragon.

You will probably need a debit or credit card if you plan to buy anything online or pay for anything using your computer or phone. As Asiddragon, just be careful not to get tricked into something beyond what you need from it.

Thanks,
Scott
~ Please suggest ways to improve the website.
Scott
Site Admin

Postby agapanthus » 04 Dec 2007, 09:03

i have one single credit card that i have had for many years.
periodically they upgrade it and send me an offer for more credit, which i always accept.
i use it a lot, mainly to get frequent flyer points, which come in very handy.
i never run up anything i do not have the funds to cover right away.
i am not interested in paying interest.....ever.

if you have a business today, a credit card is really essential.
agapanthus

Re: What do you think about credit cards?

Postby JakeRhodes » 06 Jun 2013, 11:01

If you're sensible with it, a credit card can be very useful.

Before I had a credit card I had a bad credit rating simply because I'd never borrowed money before. I couldn't even get a contract phone despite having five figure savings in my bank account. Now I have a swanky platinum credit card and it's made a lot of financial stuff a lot easier.

I think agapanthus has hit the nail on the head in terms of the best way to use them. I never put anything on them that I can't afford to pay back immediately.
JakeRhodes

Re: What do you think about credit cards?

Postby Scott » 10 Jan 2015, 20:13

There are only two helpful uses for credit cards that I can see: (1) to build credit for something else like getting a mortgage, or (2) to have in case of emergency. Are there really other good uses worth the huge risks of going into debt?
~ Please suggest ways to improve the website.
Scott
Site Admin

Return to Business & Finances